If you could ask Sister Julie B. Beck, the General Relief Society President, any question what would it be?
Yes. I mean ANY question.
- Why do only men hold the priesthood?
- How do women really fit into the church? Do they have a place?
- Why were Relief Society Meetings– formerly known as Enrichment– formerly known as Home, Family and Personal Enrichment–formerly known as Homemaking done away with?
- When is it OK to say NO? Is it ever?
- What are we supposed to do with that new book they just put out? (Daughters in my kingdom)
Chew on that for a minute while we explain why we’re asking.
Several weeks ago Elisa was invited to attend –on behalf of Mormon Mommy Blogs — a meeting at church headquarters to discuss how The General Relief Society Presidency and Mormon Mommy Blogs could work more closely together– facilitating discussions between the two regarding what the real issues and concerns are that women are facing.
Yes. I was totally scared.
However, it was an incredible experience — spiritual even — and out of that brainstorming session Sister Beck suggested an idea that we think you all will LOVE.
We are asking YOU to tell us what the real issues and concerns are that you are facing and we will take them back to Sister Beck. We get to sit down with her for 90 minutes and talk– unscripted– about what YOU tell us you want us to ask her along with what YOU feel some of the real issues and concerns are that women are facing today. This will all be taped by The Mormon Channel and made avaliable for your viewing pleasure.
Pretty Amazing, right?
So. Back to our original question: If you could ask Sister Beck ANY question(s) what would it be? Tell us in the comments. If you want to be anonymous– that’s totally fine, too, just shoot us an email. We also want to know what the real issues and concerns are that women are facing today so we can take that back to discuss with her.
Ready. Set. Comment.
*EDIT January 9 2012: comments are now closed.